Man in a Hat is Back ( from Chorley)- P1 of possibly 3

Could back-to-back County games without going back home ever be beaten? Of course it could.

Hereford followed by Chester has been surpassed. Take a bow Chorley, followed by Curzon followed by Nuneaton. An expedition so complex and extensive, I’ll have to serialise it for you over the summer.

A Behemoth of a Trip

The plan was to set out on Good Friday (19th April), spend 3 nights in Chorley, get the train back to Stockport Easter Monday (22nd April) to watch County’s final home game (hopefully) and then set off for Nuneaton, albeit via Sheffield for my annual dose of snooker, before returning home Sunday 28th.

Summertime

You already know there is a happy ending of course, but I promise to faithfully report my experiences using the notes I took at the time.

In this way, I hope you will also be able to relive your own experiences, helping you to wile away at least some of the time before next seasons fixtures are announced June 9th. You could also muck in with Help-the-Hatters at EP of course. There is plenty to do, I promise you that.

I feel very privileged to have been able to fully immerse myself in the climatic end to the season to the very fullest extent, and look forward to sharing my story with you.

A story that covers 9 nights on the road, 3 football games, 38 different pubs (many involving repeat visits), a beer festival, 4 rubber sheets and the return of the hat.

A story that seemed to strangely encapsulate the ups and downs of a typical County season, happy ending aside of course.

As required by hedgegrower, a photographic record has also been created, so if you agreed to have your photo taken, be warned.

Here are a few tasters.
 
Chorley Corp`

 
Chorley Stilts
 
Nuneaton Sam
 
Staff & John



London Marathon? Pah! Wait until you read about my Stockport County Marathon!

Man in a Hat


Comments

Top Posts

Simply Disgraceful !

Wrexham 1 Stockport County 2 ( Vanarama National League) 31 August 2019

Stockport County 4 Accrington Stanley 2 ( Football League 2) Saturday 20 April 2024