Hatters Worldwide S2-3 Dylan Bourke(Australia )

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

The third contribution to this 2nd series comes from Offerton lad & young County supporter Dylan Bourke who is currently living and working in Sydney Australia.

This is his story…….

……………………………………….

 

 


 

 

 Living with my parents Sarah and John in Offerton , I attended Bramhall High School but if the school provided a good formal education ,it was  my Dad, John ( Classic County on Twitter) and Granddad who were instrumental in seeing that County was instilled in me from an early age.

 

 

 Dylan & Dad.

 

 

 

My mum Sarah was introduced to County when we went to celebrate my birthday watching the away game at Dover and has been a big supporter since- the family being season ticket holders in the Danny Bergara Stand.

 

 

 

I moved to Australia with my girlfriend Sophie in January, one day after we smashed Doncaster 5-1 away from home.

 We live in Palm Beach in Sydney with Gemma ( a Broadcaster who presents news etc here in Australia )& Jack`s  family - Sophie looks after their children whilst I work . 

 


 

 

Moving away from UK meant being unable to watch the games as we got promoted or spend that special time before and after games with my family, that has been a huge miss.

 

 

Initially when I moved it was an 11-hour difference which meant 3pm kick offs in England resulted in 2am kick offs for me. This then shifted to a 9-hour difference and 3pm kick offs being at a much more reasonable time of midnight. This often works out quite well after returning home from the pub on Saturday evenings.

 

My highlights from watching the streams are :-

 

1.   Falling asleep after a rough opening 10 minutes against MK dons and then waking up to see us 5-0 up.

2.   Paddy’s first half hat trick against Sutton.

3.   I have even managed to get  Gemma & Jack here in Australia interested in Stockport County although they keep referring to us as ‘Stockport United’. They were very shocked at the departure of Paddy Madden!

 

I look forward to returning to England at the end of the year/start of next year to watch us challenging in league 1.

 

 

Dylan Bourke

 

 

A big thank you from hedgegrower to Dylan for his welcome words from over 9000 miles away.

Look out for Dylan if he returns next year- say hello!

 

 

Comments

Top Posts

Simply Disgraceful !

Wrexham 1 Stockport County 2 ( Vanarama National League) 31 August 2019

Notts County 2 Stockport County 1 ( Vanarama National League) Saturday 23 October 2021