Away Ground Guide 14- Gloucester City (Saturday 23 January 2016)
Club Name: Gloucester City
Nickname: The Tigers
Founded: 1883 as Gloucester
Ground Name: Whaddon Road (Ground Share with Cheltenham Town)
Ground Capacity: 7,066
Admission Price 2014/15: Adults £12
Concessions : £6
Under 18`s : Free
As temporary gaff`s go, Whaddon Road is a fairly superior one, at least for the travelling supporter. The Away End is a decent seated area behind one goal with a roof that offers decent acoustics!
Segregation is in place , but the stewarding is of the relaxed and sensible variety, so all as a result goes well, apart from the on field activity!
The food vendor made an effort last year and it showed….. the burgers were confirmed as `very good’ ,whilst I went for a jumbo sausage roll, which was excellent…..a reasonably sized real sausage in real bread.
The price of the tea/ coffee at £2 raised an eyebrow or two, but I found no one anything less than happy with the food.
|No extra to sit down in Away End.|
- Keep left to continue on M56
- At junction 8, exit onto M5 toward Birmingham (W & S)/West Bromwich
- At junction 10, exit onto Writhy Bridge/A4019 toward Cheltenham
- Continue to follow A4019
- Continue straight onto Fairview Rd/A46
- Turn left onto A46
- Turn right onto Clarence Rd/A46
- Continue straight to stay on Clarence Rd/A46
- Continue onto Prestbury Rd/B4632
- Turn right onto Whaddon Rd
- Turn left to stay on Whaddon Rd
Post Code for Sat Nav : GL52 5NA
Nearest Real Ale pubs :
0.3m Sudeley Arms , on Prestbury Road.
0.3m Kemble Brewery Inn , on Fairview Street.
As usual the Fingerpost Flyer will get you there, details ........
Flyer leaves Finger at 10.00/ Picks up on Mercian Way at 10.15
Cost.....£20 adults/ £15 under 16's
|And here`s the man who will get you there !|
................................ ring Lou on 07896 536757 to book.