Away Ground Guide 13- Harrogate Town ( Tuesday 2 February 2016)
Ground Name: Wetherby Road
Ground Capacity: 3800( 500 seated)
Admission Prices 2015/16: Adults: £13 Standing/ £14 Seated
Concessions : £8 & £9
Under 18: £3 & £4
` No segregation', that's what I said in the Guide for the fixture that went west due to the weather.
I said that because that's what everyone connected with both clubs said right until a day or so before the scheduled game, when suddenly the game, for the first time in the history of this fixture, was announced as being segregated.
Just one phone call.....and all the catering facilities I had described lovingly ...... Thompson`s Tea Bar ....... club house `Venue 1919' and the superb cafe in the Main Stand area with the glorious food range, were denied us!
We are left with the covered terrace that runs parallel to Wetherby Road- we are told there will be a catering unit for our use.
- M60 Ring Rd (E&N)
- At junction 18 , at the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto the M62 ramp to Leeds/Halifax/Huddersfield
- M621 (signs for Leeds/M62/Batley)
- At junction 2, take the A643 exit to Wetherby/A58/Harrogate/A61/A64/York
- At the roundabout, take the 1st exit ontoA643
- At the roundabout, take the 4th exit onto Wellington Rd/A58
- Continue onto A58(M) (signs for Skipton/A660/Wetherby/A58/Harrogate/A61/York/A64)
- Take the A58 exit toward Wetherby/Harrogate/A61/Sheepscar/Meanwood
- Turn left onto Clay Pit Ln/A58
- Continue onto Sheepscar St N/A61
- Continue to follow A61 Going through 7 roundabouts
- Turn right onto Hookstone Rd
- Turn left onto Wetherby Rd/A661
Post Code for Sat Nav : HG2 7SA
Nearest Real Ale pubs ;
0.4m Empress on the Stray , on Church Square.
The beer selection is a bit limited. When we last visited they struggled to cope with the Blue Army.
0.6m Woodlands Hotel , 110 Wetherby Road
Is the best location-wise.....but......
The Swan on the Stray is a short walk up the Skipton Road from the big island near the Empress. The Swan has 8 hand pumped cask ales on and real cider.
Opens 11a.m, and is the best pub according to a Man in a Hat!
Finally... if you want to save the hassle of parking, details are listed of the Fingerpost Flyer
Departs Finger 16.30 / Picks up Mersian Way: 16.45
Adults £14 / Under 16's £10
To book please ring Lou on 07896536757